Friday, August 28, 2009

Boredom and staticity (if that's a proper word)

Delaqroux inc Updates

Sorry for not making a post for quite awhile now. I just seem to see no reason to make blogposts anymore these days so i guess that pretty much explain the lack of posts made recently. But every now and then, i guess i will make a few on special circumstances - ecspecially on one when my head's full of random thoughts and i have no one worthy of spilling it out to. So here i go, posting my thoughts on a blank page of post for everyone reading it, calling out any thoughts out there worth to be put par with mine.

So yeah, since i got back from NZ, things been really really quiet this semester. And i mean, no more exciting stuff - everyday's just teh same with yesterday. there are still all the clubs and society that i've joined in, of course, but they are all perfect copy of last semester (if you dont believe me, MICF made another trip to blue mountain this semester!) and yep, i found that getting less and less interesting. So far, i've skipped plenty of club meets already coz for one thing, i already know what is going to happen. That comes to me trying to entertain myself too. I nearly moved to a different house earlier this semester. Main reason to it is that i'm bored - not coz i'm trying to save money or whatnot. But i realized that that isnt going to change anything as well.

And i just realized another thing as well. I am the only one who's bored. Well, some company of people are having their constant dance routine for the mFest so i guess that kept them preoccupied. Dancing is not my thing (i can dance but not choreographically). I'm into acting but the only chance for me to get involve in such activity is through DraMac and the MGM. Which comes to another issue of sticking-togetherness. Dramac's arsenal of talents and actors are almost perfect that its extremely hard to get yourself in the group. And as much as i enjoy their plays every season, it is just as much as i'm losing faith in the script i'm constructing. My scripts are too bland - fit to entertain a small group of inexperienced Malaysian audience - but i dont think they're enough to fit for a larger group of experience audience. But dont get me wrong, i'm not giving up. Just slightly demotivated coz my script writing work currently seem to end up in a not-good-enough-so-rewrite loop. And MGM is just a pain in the ass. I cant blame the venue of audition (UTS, that's way far in the city) but the fact that they notify everyone a day before the actors audition, how am i supposed to fit in my schedule with that? Maybe i'm not trying hard enough for both cases but i dunno..

And as a side note here, everyone who are interested in acting and writing whom i know of never seems to care much about this stream anymore. Meaning i'm the only who is still stuck with this interest. even if i do manage to put enough effort into this, i need a team to at least be heard. And i dont mean that figuratively. In order to get your script staged in one of Dramac's season, you need a team of at least 4 to help you out in the early stage of being selected. I figured earlier that i know 4 who seems to be willing to help me construct a team but even that 4 is being really really stagnant now. How am i supposed to find a whole big ass group of crews if i cant even find 4 willing people? (Trust me; it's hard. Getting a group of six for a charity group wasnt even successful when that is supposed to be a good cause and it's the fasting month where people should DO charity for good causes) Bleh...

So yep, so far, my talent in writing, acting or drawing are all never heard of. Whatever happen to my dream of trying to broaden my skill now that i get a shot to be in front of international audience? Sigh... please whack me on the head. I know this may seem whiney of me but i witness a few times where i wrote stuff in my blog and things do happen (maybe it's just a psychological effect - just need a space to pour things out).. and in this case, please, let things happen fast... i'm dying of staticity and boredom here.

-Ad

No comments: