Thursday, October 15, 2009

Taking the train back to reality

Delaqroux Inc. Updates
Unlike most songs/poem i wrote before, i think this one really really represents all the emotional conflicts i'm having within me at the moment. The meaning is yours to interpret. Oh and just as a side note; i have been writing poems involving trains lately. I guess trainrides are precious. It makes you realize that everything is going past fast in your life. And also, as further as we can go, the train will eventually take us back to the place where we belong. In both good way and extremely melancholic manner as well. Anyways, enjoy the poem.

Taking the train to St Leonards
Made me think how tracked life is
So predictable that it hurts
There's always the joy of love amiss
Taking the train to Epping
Made me think everything's okay
But the lady next to me is crying
And the sky was shallow and gray

I hummed just enough to let her hear
A tune to tell her everything's alright
Put my hands around her shoulder
As i said "Let's just enjoy the ride"
It's nothing like a roller coaster
There's not the thrills neither the fun
But even for awhile, we can be together
Eventhough i know that i'm not the one

We both know the ride will stop
It's just a matter of where and when
But please dont let me hear you sob
Dont remind me that this moment will end
I dont know how they trust the weatherman
If what he forecast is all the predictable
I know better i dont need a hand
Coz, for a start, i know that i'll miss her

Taking the trainride to Sydney
Let's get lost in the City Central
It's fine as long as there's you and me
Just us and with no care of the world
But taking the trainride back home
On the last train around nine thirty
We're meant to live our lives alone
You'll be with him and i'll be with me
Coz next stop; it's cold, cruel reality


Taking the Train back to reality
-Ad (2009)

No comments: