Wednesday, August 25, 2010

It's my idea

Delaqroux Inc Updates!

First things first, 4935 is my laptop. I decided to call my laptop that instead of "baby" or "lappie" as some of my colleagues do. 4935 just sounds cool. It's like how Luke call that dumb golden plated robot C3P0 and that vaccuum robot that chirps, R2D2. So there you go, my laptop is called 4935. Oh, and as a side note; i'm kind of down with a fever at the moment. What's so special about that? Well, it's pretty much the first fever that managed to get me down during my stay in Aussie. I missed a number of class and they're solely not on the excuse of pure laziness... well, almost. Anyways, back to the laptop.

So there was i, online, looking for something smart to do (or smut?... hmmm...- no, just kidding. seriously, i was looking for something smart to do) and suddenly, a pop up came up. It says "Security Suite" and apparent, the 'software' is scanning my laptop. 'Coincidentally', the 'software' detected a hellota virus in my \laptop. Now, i'm not that big of a tech savvy but i know pop-ups and internet scams -and most obviously, this little security suite thingy is not an actual application. I dont know if you should be calling this thing spyware or virus or trojan or spartan. Regardless, i tried to have this 'application' turned off. Obviously you cant. I tried a more manual way to get it out of my taskbar via Windows Explorer. Nope, still no luck - cant find this thing. I tried opening my Window's Task Manager and this security suite tells me that the task manager's exe file is infected. Yeah, right. Soon, i found out that every single softwares in my laptop is being deemed 'infected with virus' and this Security suite virus is telling me to download the full 'anti-virus' in order to remedy this situation. Pft... Talk about irony.

Anyways, i threw in the towel. When things get tough with your laptop, the laptop goes a reformation. That's exactly what i did - the easy way out. I decided to install Windows 7 instead of the lame-ass Windows Vista Starter Pack i had since the time i purchased my laptop. Somehow, Windows 7 worked a wonder. I remembered reinstalling my Windows Vista after my laptop's last reformatting session. The whole system start lagging worse than my previous laptop running Serious Sam with all hell breaking loose. So yeah, this time around, Windows 7 that i have just installed worked smoothly. the boot up system resembles Windows Vista alot but yeah, i suppose they require less space. There's not much noticeable internally with the new system but the layout has changed kind of drastically. The taskbar/toolbar is apparently called super bar (despite the name Winodws 7 - Super Bar adds another not-so-creative jargon to the whole PC system thingies). So yeah, here i am, now a proud user of Windows 7 (illegally - not so proud about that though)



Anyways, why is this whole story about reformatting my latop's worth a blogpost of its own and your time reading it? Well, i have absolutely no idea. Must be the fever.... or maybe i'm just plain bored. Whatever. So, without further blabbering, let me just end this blogpost with; this is DarkDelaqroux.... and Windows 7 is my idea.

.....Actually the sole reason why i'm uploading this blogpost and talking about my laptop being reformatted with Windows 7 and all is because i want to say that last line. Yep, so i've said it and you've read it. Weee.

No comments: