Sunday, August 29, 2010

Saving my memories

Delaqroux Inc Updates
Here i am now with my external hard drive infected with some virus and me trying everything i can in (and maybe beyond) my powers to try and save all the files i have saved in it.

Well, there's nothing much to say in this blogpost except for that. I have been trying all manners of recovery softwares i can get my hands on as well as several tech tricks to get access to my HD for the past 15 hours. But as a little note here; is it just me or tech people (i dont want to call them "fucking nerds" coz that would be really, really rude) are really, really inconsiderate people (i dont want to call them "bastards" coz that's too rude... you get the idea)? I mean, i am really devastated with the idea of losing everything i saved in my hard drive, especially all my photos. Imagine, all the photos from Day 1 of my life in Australia all gone? It's like i have never been to Australia if i lost all those photos. And it's not just about me and my life, it's about people i have met along the way, things i have seen, experiences i had - everything. I dont want to one day forget them all just because i lost the photos. Anyways, back to the tech sonnovabitches.

The virus in my HD apparently called out for me to reformat my external. Now, it could just be some misleading virus but i did manage to hack my way through and yes, my external is empty (at least it seems so) - reformatting might be the only way to be able to use my HD again at the cost of all files gone. Now, with so much at stake, i dont want to believe that dumbass virus and i still want to try and find out if the files in my HD is okay. So, I brought my external to JB Hifi and ask one of the technicians if there's any way they know for me to confirm this. So, this guy comes up, took my HD (or rather, snatches it) and plug it into one of his PCs, ask if i still have a valid warranty, and after awhile, he told me that there's nothing else that can be done. At one point, i saw the guy almost click "yes" when the HD prompted if you want the HD to be reformatted. I told them that i dont trust that reformat request and the guys rudely told me that he knows how he works with these stuffs and that he is familiar with this kind of virus.I told him again that i think there might still be files in my HD and that reformatting might make everything lost for good. The guy rudely replied "So? what do you want me to do?" I told him that i'll try to figure something out myself and he unplugged the HD (almost with a tug) and toss it back to me. Afterwards, he just left me by myself. Talk about a dick. But as another side note: after i manage to work/give up with my external HD, i'll work to have this guy's ass fired from JB Hifi. I want that fatass to have to beg his parents for money to get his lazy lump of rotten maggoty meat flaps of fat to ever eat a bag of chips again. I swear it.

Anyways, in the meantime, i will continue to work in extracting the files in my HD. Somehow, i think i've lost a huge chunk of sense in my head for the time being. I find myself hitting my own face a couple of times at the thought of giving up and i forgot to have dinner earlier today. I dont know how many articles i have read about computers and drives and i lost count on how many data recovery softwares i have downloaded. Sigh...Oh well. Persistence makes perfect.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Found this article. C & P for you.

After a virus attack:

* Images from the infected system should not be mailed pr transferred to anyone (the virus could attach itself to it).
* Use the anti-virus to scan and remove the virus.
* If this doesn't work, format the drive.

In rare cases, formatting does not delete some computer virus. Since the drive was formatted to rectify a virus attack, first ensure that there are no traces of the virus. This can be done using a virus scan tool. If any virus is still left, delete it.

After this use an image recovery software to retrieve all the images. The software scans the drive and performs a digital image recovery. This is possible because these software are programmed to penetrate the file system and salvage data no matter how many times the drive has been formatted.

Simpson is a software professional researching on image recovery, digital image recovery photo recovery and video recovery software.

http://ezinearticles.com/?Recovering-Images-From-a-Virus-Infected-External-Hard-Drive&id=3310848

Dark A. Delaqroux said...

thanks anonymous,
i have managed to figure how to get back inside my drive so to speak and i have managed to get all the files out. not sure how i did but it did took me almost 18 hours of try n error. still, thanks alot =)

Anonymous said...

very glad to hear. :)

Have back-up though, to be on the safe side.