Sunday, February 12, 2012

Johor and the Four-Headed Snake.

Delaqroux Inc Updates.

Good news; i know where i'll be posted to. Bad news; not Sarawak.

Yeah, two days after my trip to Kedah and the news came in that our posting will be done on the 20th of February. Several days after, as I just got down from meditating at the peak of Mt. Jerai, i got news that I might be informed of my actual state of posting by the following Friday. Several days later, I dreamt of a four headed snake while i was meditating on Maxwell Hill (dafuq?) in Perak. And just three days ago, me and most of my cohort mates was informed of our posting states respectively. And so there; Johor Darul Takzim.

Reminder: I seriously have to find out what Takzim actually means.

It wasnt all bad of a deal i suppose but on the night when i was informed, i was in shock. I mean, Johor wasnt at all in my choice of posting (which was Sarawak, Selangor and Melaka) and what are the odds of me being put in some random state in this country? And on top of it all, I have voluntarily chosen Sarawak as my choice. So i was almost positive that i will get Sarawak or Sabah by the very least. And to make things worse, i have heard of stories where a senior of mine resigning after getting posted to Johor, solely because he/she regarded that the school he/she was posted to had rendered her teaching profession "intellectually unchallenging". Then there is news about Johor being famous for its shitload of paperworks, high cost of living and generally anything that will put one amateur high-spirited teacher of his/her mood to continue on teaching in such circumstances.

Of course, it's too late to be judging Johor and the future of my teaching career just by knowing the fact that i will be teaching in Johor. Also, i supposed it's never an excuse to not teach in Sarawak anymore anytime in the future too so there's always the probability of getting a transfer request approved - if not now, then sometime in the future. But for now, it's Johor for me i guess. I know i have been over-using this line a lil bit too much but once again, it cant be all that bad.

Then there's the four-headed snake.
Delaqroux Out.

No comments: