Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Dark Delaqroux vs. the World

Delaqroux Inc Updates!
Can you believe that? Just when i was about to start updating my blog again, i got posted for my teaching in Johor and i got so caught up with.. uh... stuffs (that's definitely not bowling, renting a house, shopping for furnitures, karaoke-ing, Kenny Rogers, Pizza Hut, Jusco etc) that i totally forgot about updating my blog. But here i am at a little Indian-Muslim shop called Thoufeeq that has ze free wifi and i'm blogging up a storm again (hopefully). So lemme tell you what has happened so far.

On the first few days of posting, things were shitty. Like seriously. I cant find a house around my school and I was never too keen to be renting a room (yeah, ego issues). Why no want rent room? Well, let's just say, i've spent three years of my life squatting in Room E of IPBA dormitory with at least 3 to 4 more people and, after experience a year in sydney with a room i can call my own, i just want to feel a sort of a progression in my life; i'm no longer studying. I'm working. I want a house on my own.

But yeah, finding a house turned out to be harder when you dont have a car and you refuse to stay somewhere too near to the school. Thing is, my school is listed under "luar bandar" and i want to stay "dalam bandar" so there again, my ego. So things went a lil lucky that i had this chanced encounter with a fellow teacher that lives in the town-ish area and had his school someplace near mine. So, not being able to find a house and not having a car, i resorted to crash in with him... for 3 weeks.

As much as I am thankful, it was shitty. I came home to an empty room that i cant call my own and as i still have this twisted intention to get a place on my own, i refuse to buy any furnitures for that room. After all, i'm just "tumpang-ing". I want my own room. I want my own house. But there I was, sleeping on my sleeping bag with my clothing bag as my pillow for three weeks. Oh, and did i mention that the floor was one of that cement floor that, no matter how many times i moped it, it seems to stay cement-y dusty? How did i manage to stay sane? Well, Foster the People. I put that shit on replay and for some reason, i just felt better.

So what happened after three weeks? Well, i finally got a place of my own. It was this one family that happened to have decided to stay at this one place for years to come but circumstance has it that they had to move away. So yeah, i got their house for rm350 a month. It's a flat unit nonetheless but the flat building is still spanking new that it doesnt look bad at all. But at least, my ego was pleased. And i was only left with a cushion set. The house wasnt furnitured. But trust me; when your back was on the cold, hard floor for 3 weeks, being able to sleep on the cushion was heaven.

More of the story to come :)

No comments: