Thursday, December 16, 2010

Freaky two-year time lapse

Delaqroux Inc Updates.
As i'm officially now in Malaysia once again, i cant help but to realize that a whole lot of things have changed drastically. I mean, of course i am not expecting that everything would stay the same for the last two years but the fact that you were gone for two years, which, in truth, doesnt really feel like that long of a time, and things changed, it's like you're in this freaky two year time lapse. Something like you're in coma - it dont feel that long but when you wake up, everything has changed.

In my family, my little sis has grown freakishly tall. Okay, not freakishly. But imagine in 2009 when i left, she was just about my waist height or something and now, she can headbutt me in the neck if she wants to (or if i piss her off enough). She kinda look like Alex from Modern family with her height, long black hair, and glasses. She's a top scorer too so yeah, my sis is an Alex. Aside that, dad's fat. Like, chubby. There was a time when i myself was slightly fatter than i am right now. I had a picture of myself back then and looking at my dad, it reminded of that picture (who's the fatso now!  lolol). Oh, and also, my dad picked me up from the airport in a 4WD instead of old rusty van. How fucking awesome is that! I love 4WDs and my family has owned one! Now to find some cyclist and run them over...

No change on mom and big sis though.

In regards of Selayang, there are some parts of the city (or town.. or slum... whatever you call it) that has not changed at all. But for some others, there's tall building sprouting out from everywhere. I had the view of my friend's place from the house's front balcony. The last time i saw it, they're demolishing it for something. Now, it's a three storey building. Three storey building replacing an old house in a matter of two years! Seriously! Oh, and Selayang Mall has reigned supreme in her battle against Selayang Capitol. A whole lot of things have changed in the inside and apparently, it worked. One of the biggest change of all is the fact that Shakey's Pizza is gone (sad face). Yeah, my old workplace with a friendly italian design to the interior has been replaced by some KFC wannabe that, when i visited, had zero customers in it. Wonder why Shakey ever left when their business were kicking ass.

Also, there was Malaysian television. Now, i dunno if i can call it changes or it's just that Australian television is way more awesome but somehow, ads from Malaysian tv all seemed to revolve around the 80s now. Lame acting, unneccessary graphics, excessive effort to make mundane things look awesome, lame catchline (like, "penat dengan something something, gunalah something something" in almost 75% of those ads). And the shows being aired; it seems like everything seemed to revolve around life dramas and pathetic jokes with a "kwang kwang kwang" sound effect everytime something supposedly funny happened. Oz tv is mostly about catchy OZ lifestyle ads and adrenaline based shows. So, i guess i wont be following much tv here.

So yeah, it's just weird how things have changed so drastically in two years. I have stayed in Selayang for almost 11 years and by that time, nothing really changed. When I'm gone for just a short while, everyone seemed to have the idea of changing and building more stuffs. Again, freaky two-year time lapse.

Delaqroux Out.

No comments: