Saturday, May 2, 2009

Crouching tiger, hidden blogger

Delaqroux Inc Updates!

And yyyyeah, before i begin, let us take a short moment of silence in remembrance of May 1st where i bought my first blanket, like, WHOO!! Hell yep, i've been in Aussie for almost three months now and no matter how cold it gets for the other Malaysian, i still refuse to buy myself a blanket or a quilt. Well, no, i wasnt acting all showy about how cold-resistant my body is to everyone nor am i feeding any fetish for self torture (trust me, if there's one guy who love to run around outside only in a thin layer of a t-shirt and complain how cold it is but still refuse to get inside, it'll be Vimal. Fetish copyrighted.. not my thing). The thing is, firstly, i'm a cheapskate who thought "why do i need a 20 dollars blanket when i can wrap myself up in my already owned sweater- for free?". Second, i always on survey on the cheapest, yet most efficient blanket outthere. I caught one and it's called a thermal blanket so i was like, "oooh.. it;s blanket with a thermal.. fancy!" Yep, of course, it is fancy but the price tag is even fancier: 26 dollars! So yeah, that's one of the reason for me not getting a blanket too, i'm waiting for that thermal blanket to be on sale so i can get it for cheaper price. In case you're wondering if i ever got that thermal blanket, YES! I own a thermal blanket now! It was on a slight discount of 20 dollars so i bought it. Plus, one of the nights earlier, the temperature dropped all the way to 7 degrees and i figured, if this is the temperature during fall, what of winter? GET A BLANKET!

Oh and speaking of warming oneself up, i need to post a reminder to myself here to start darting around for sleeping bags. And why would i need one? Obviously to travel around! Yep, on the last Easter Break, i met this lady friend of mine, Enid (pronounced as "init"... so all this while it was "init" blyton??) during my wine and cheese tasting trip in Hunter Valley. So yeah, turned out that Enid have.. well... kind of a crazy head with all sorts of crazy ideas. To prove it off, out of the blue, she posted this one request to whoever's out there who would like to join her to WALK ALL THE WAY from macQ uni to Sydney.. Me, with what i call a walking gene inside my blood, answered to her summon and thus we walked. Hell yeah, it was fun! But back to where it comes about the sleeping bag, the walking trip to Sydney was nice, but i thought it will be more fun to actually walk even further than that (Yep, 30 km is not enough for me) but, with a little twist. Instead of putting all 30km of walking in a single day, why not i make it like a road trip? Minus the car. It's just me, my feet, my walking shoes, and my sleeping bag so i can crash in my own self made hotels in scenic spots around Sydney. That'll be awesome no? So yeah, i'm gonna get myself a sleeping bag, and to give it a trial run, imma going to spend a night in Bondi Beach/Manly Beach and watch the morning sun rising from the ocean line..

Well, if there're "motels" for people in motor vehicles on a road trip to crash in for the night, and, as how Adam believes it, "hotels" are a place for people to crash in for the night and bring hos with them, why cant there be "wotels" for people without a motor vehicle, but walking on a road trip instead to crash in for the night and not be able to afford hos to stay in hotels. Yeah, wotels.

So yeah, my last two week break was awesome. To sum it up; there's the Melbourne City trip, cruise n dolphin watching in Nelson Bay, sandboarding in the dunes of Birubi Beach, Tanasha's graduation and dinner, cheese and wine tasting in Hunter Valley, dinner and sushi at Tanasha's place, chestnut picking in Kookatonga, horse riding trip somewhere in Mt Irvine, Royal Easter Show in Sydney Olympic Park and 12 hours walk to and around Sydney city. And that's just for a two weeks break.Cant wait for the oncoming 2 months break and believe me, with that long of a period, i will do some serious travelling alright! Oh, and surprisngly, i thought i spent a whole lot of money for the whole two weeks of break but the last time i checked my account (a few days back), i am still up and running with around 2600 dollars in my account + 450 dollars with Alia, Risa and Tanasha. So yep, current target travelling destination for the next break: NZ and Brissy!!!!!

But now to hunt for a sleeping bag that i can afford.. sigh...

1 comment:

Dark A. Delaqroux said...

it's just me.


yeah, i'm special, i know :p