Thursday, January 1, 2009

01-01-09 REZOLUTIONS!!!

Delaqroux Inc Updates Live for the first time in 2009!!!!
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE~~~~~~~!!!!!!
Okay, so that exclamation does not make much sense does it now? In any case, yep, its the first day of 2009 and though there isnt much to blogged about the occurences of the day, lets talk about something which is cliche in the oncoming of a new year; resolutions (pfft.. again with resolution... yawns).
Aha! Yawn as you may but imma talk about something a lil different here. No, i'm not gonna make a list down of nonsical resolutions (like learning how to swim for example- anyone knows i can never learn how to swim) but what i am going to talk about now is regarding the two types of resolutions in which i shall refer to positive resolution and negative resolution. No, negative resolutions arent things like "I want to rob more banks this year" or "I want to be more pissed this year"- those fall under the nonsical category. What i meant by negative resolution is your standard resolutions. Yes, the one that you have been making year to year such as "I want to lose weight", "I want to save more money", "I want to work harder" etc. Of course these resolutions bring positive outcomes. You lose more weight and you will look good, that's good, obviously. In fact, you want to work harder and you might earn better grades, that is good. But the thing is, why start your new year with being so hard on yourself? If you rewind everything back to the first year that you decided to make resolutions; all those resolutions that we make up until now has mostly been "I want to be somebody else". Most of our resolutions are centered on the feel of self-loathing. So why start a year in such way?

Of course, there's always the saying "out with the old and in with the new" and imperfectness has to be perfected. I agree. But sometimes, imperfectness is the element that actually makes you happy. So here we come to the second category, the positive resolutions. I read in http://thegoldenpuppy.blogspot.com/ earlier that the blogger's little nephew made a simple resolution of "I want to eat more cakes". This may seem to fall into the category of nonsical resolution in a way but if you take time to analyze resolutions such as this, we can see the foundation of that resolution is that the child wishes to be more 'herself' this year. Well, she likes cakes and that is her personality. Making a resolutioon to eat more cakes, meaning to go along with her own personality and that would make her happy (and thus, a better positive outcome). Now that aint so nonsical now is it? I can make a resolution such as "I want to like everyone " instead of "I want to be more popular". They seem to aim on the same objective but wanting to like everyone means that you want to emphasize your own personality of being a sociable person (the only reason of you making such resolution definitely because you like socializing in the first place right?). I call that being more of a yourself. However, if you want to be more popular, you're deeming yourself to be an unpopular person. In such way you're actually putting an extra stress on yourself as that resolution is not about who you need to be, its about who you want to be. You need to be yourself because you must. You need to be somebody else because you want to. See the difference?



Its pretty simple actually. Instead of going for "I want to lose weight this year" go for "I want to spend more time with my friend in gyms and exercising". Both of the aim is to lose weight. But the by going for the positive resolution, you're choosing a procedure which involves no self loathing. If you make the negative resolution simply of "I want to lose weight this year", you might end up starving yourself, going to the gym alone and in the end, still not feeling good about yourself. If you choose the other one, you will end up in gyms and exercising along with your friends. You will get along with your friends better, you will feel better about yourself and you still lose weight and that is a better outcome. So the point is, you dont need to lose weight but you need to get along with your friends, right? So set "getting along better with your friends" as the prior objective and "losing weight" as the second. You'll reap both of the benefits.

Here is another example, there is such resolution as "I want to go wild(or maybe wilder) this year" and of course, by being "wild" here, it means the person want to have more fun this year. So does this fall under positive resolutions or negative? The answer will have to be a negative resolution. By being wild, you're aiming for activities that involves you immersed in the "wild" culture, perhaps going clubbing, drinking, coming back late at night and partying. Aside to these kind of activities might get yourself ending up with more problem in your hands than the fun, you might also settle up doing things that you dont actually enjoy doing; but you forcefully claim that its fun because other people say so. Putting that aside, why not make a resolution that goes "I want spend more time doing things i like this year". Yeah, that aims for having more fun this year as well. You might end up simply spending more time to read books, or surf the net or be more active in a particular community club but this are the things that gives you the actual fun you're looking for. Other people may say it doesnt but you do! And that counts the most.

So here's a list down of my resolution this year. They may not all be positive ones but i try to make it so. The one in red is the positive resolution i am making, the ones in blue is how that resolution could have been a negative one
1. I want to make ppl around me happy (making ppl happy makes me happy. No self-loathe there and a resolution that helps yourself by helping others, isnt that good?)
2. I want to learn a whole lot of new stuff (i love learning new stuff. Not necessarily i have to master them but it just makes me happy to learn new stuff. No self loathing)
3. I want to be an easy-to-work-with person (Again, that makes people around me happy and that will result to me being happy as well and it helps in my studies in such way)
4. I want to involve more in English literature and arts & design (I love both of those and i want to be immersed even more within the stream. I am still going for what i like)
5. I want to spend money for things that i want to (And that means a PS3 and more electronic gadgets for meself :p This resolution may make me strive to save money at the same time and earn it big time as well, not bad eh?)
6. I want to see places and meet different people (I enjoy travelling and socializing. And i might finally find what the answer to this question of mine i'm having since long time ago by meeting a whole different scope of ppl. Still going for what i like and i get more experience out of it)
7. I want love more and hate less (ohkaaay.. this is actually a subtitute of last year's "i want to have a girlfriend". But this time, i go for making ppl around me happy by letting them know that i care for them. That will make me happy, no hatred put me at an ease of mind and i might still end myself up getting a girlfriend at the end of the day so, why not? :p)
8. I want to say "yes" more than i say "no" to opportunities (a lil self loathe as i do regret missing alot of chances last year. But then again, i want to grab more chances in every windows of opportunities around me and i'm not hating myself for this, i'm going all-out and i like that)
9. I want to appear more as myself and do what i want to do (abit of self loathing coz i deemed myself to not be able to be more expressive. But now, i'm making a resolution against that feel of self-loathe and that is good)
10. uh... CLASSIFIED unfortunately. haha ^^" but it involves in repairing broken relationships so that aint a bad thing, right right? =D

2 comments:

A s h i k i n said...

whoa
great explanation on how a resolution should be adnin!!!
but i self loathe a lot
well i tend to be self centered at times
but for a resolution, tak apa!
haha
i dun have anything specific to say
just gluck with ur resolution!

Anonymous said...

comments r as follow for:
no. 4-> u mean u wan more roles like in AMND where u can take d other gender? =P

no. 8-> pengaruh YES man ka? 0.o??