Saturday, January 24, 2009

Just SMS-ing to say "Hi"

Delaqroux Inc Updates... for the third time today.. pfft.. someone's seriously having a time of his life here isnt he?

Anyways, this is just gonna be a short post as i'm not much in the mood to write stuffs right now. Actually, this is just a lil something that struck me a short while ago. Kinda thinking of posting it as a shoutout on my Facebook profile but i dont think the space provided in the shoutout box will be enough. Anyways, i just looked through all the records of my received SMS and i just found out that i never really get a message from someone simply asking on how am i doing, or just to say hi or something. Nearly 80% of my messages are either those of important business or merely replies to my "how are you doing" questions instead. And the funny addition to that is, nearly 70% of my sent messages are conversation starters. Something that go as complicated as centering on an issue to talk about or simply informing others that i am bored. In other words, i spend most of my credits of messaging someone, merely to ask how he/she is doing, while at the same time, i get none of it from others. Yep, it's like i'm the only one on the whole network going around and saying hi to everybody while none of them doing the same thing when they came across me. Of course, SMS-ing one another can be over-rated if you want to put it that way. I mean, someone once told me that why do you need to pay to talk to someone over long distance when you can do it for free over short distance? Well, i dont really get what she meant by that but that's the whole point of messaging someone to find out how is he/she doing- coz i'm not able to see that other person face to face and here i am actually taking a friggin initiative to actually spend some cents out of my phone credit to find out how that person is doing. Isnt that effing nice of me? And hey, a lil courtesy goes a long way right? So why not?

Do we really need a good reason to start talking with someone?
I think simply saying "hi" and asking how is that person doing is good enough of a reason..
Since when does conversation are only limited to money, important business and the mood to actually talk with one another?

Dude, seriously...

No comments: