Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Night of the Living Dead

Delaqroux Inc Updates

Well, a few days back, i was attacked by a zombie horde. It wasnt big enough to be call a horde actually but it managed to freak me out enough to start running like crazy. Let out a few shots but with all of them running towards you from all directions, your aiming is bound to go out of focus and it wont be long before you figure out that its time to run.

Actually it all began when, the head of our survival camp start causing a riot back at the camp. Apparently, one of the kids was being accused of breaking something up in the store. Probably pretty important with them going all out like that at the kid. That was when i thought i could just double-back deep into the city and find something to replace that broken stuff. It could be the comm radio to contact the governments. It never work before but that thing has been keeping the camp of hope and, most importantly, alive. I never really trusted in that kind of shit. That thing about the government will be coming soon, dropping in with escape choppers are just bullshit. The only thing that will drop are just more useless supplies and the whole camp is just gonna fight one another over it. I'm out of those needless fights but eitherways, its good if i just go deeper into the city to find another one of those radio. I doubt the question of such existance of a working comm radio but getting the camp people back together is more important than my own so, it is definitely worth a shot over a stupid radio. It was dark back then so i lighted a flare. Figured those thing wont be looking. A light probably are just gonna blind them, thus keeping themselves away from me.

Well, i was wrong. Apparently, one of those 'things' saw the moving light. I hardly notice that it did and it wasnt really coming close to me. It just stare from a distance without doing anything. That is when i did wrong. Somehow, with that thing alerted with the light and not moving along stupidly as they normally do, it is actually signalling others and trust me, this is the first time i saw them this curious. They all stood up but somehow, i just concentrate on the path and the darkness in front me. I mean, you lighted up the flare and throwing it away up til this point means to put myself in total darkness. Not good. Suddenly, i realized one of them start going towards me, slowly but jaws hanging down, ready to take a bite. Damn, i was freaked out of my wits. However, i realized with such movement, i dont think this 'thing' even knows what it is attacking. It simply attacks. That's dumb (duh.. zombies.. what do you expect?). Figuring that this 'thing' might not be understanding what exactly it is attacking, i tried to convince it that i'm nothing but a light post; stood still and firm and dont move a muscle. It moved along. I left out a sign of relief...

But i have a hunch that i am still in a pickle as long as i got the flare all lit up and i am in this little hell hole. Sure enough, the others are still staring at me and groaning among them. What? Does these things actually communicates with one another? And even more disturbingly, i cant help but to notice that one of them start groaning louder and louder, with bodily movements that seems to be impatient to take a bite off me. Fuck! This isnt good at all. Not another second later, i think all of them are set to take a charge at me! Seriously, one moment ago, i thought these things can actually communicate in a slightly orderly fashion before simply springing at everything, and now, all of them are set to attack something which they are not even sure off- just assuming that its alive and it is edible. Damnit! I gave up, i let out a few shots. Its a long shot but it could work in quieting these zombies down. i mean, they're not even sure what's in front of them, its too dark for them to see and letting out a loud shot might silence them off. And they did! Phew... that was a close one. Regardless, my instinct is still going on full alert. Something tells me that the whole horde will be after me if i dont do something. I mean, after the shot some of them still seems to stare at me curiously and by curiously, i'm sure they actually meant curious if this thing in front of them have a weak point for them to attack. And if a lil loud bang could scare a few, maybe they can figure out that its time to bring the whole horde at once. I definitiely cant let that happen. I need to return back to camp and time IS short, i dont want to spend the night hiding somewhere in the city till the alert level clears out.

That is when i noticed that the first zombie who tried to attack me was looking very stupid. Maybe for this one, the thought of a moving glow that makes a loud sound couldnt be something edible as they thought. This is my chance. I threw the flare far, far away from my position and before i know it, this one zombie went off for a false chase. Fortunately, that thing make so much excited groans that it attracts the rest of the horde. I'm not so sure if they have fully fooled by the bait but i guess it is good enough for me to make an exit. I am save for now. Thank God..

However, i am currently in the dark right now. Nothing will stop me from going deeper in the city but at the same time, i know those things are swarming all over the place now. It might not be safe and i couldnt be as lucky as this. Of course, i might just be playing with my own sense of paranoia but hey, i think i'll try to stay out of sight. After all, time is short and, somehow, i want some entertainment. I went this far into the city already, there's no point in turning back. So deeper i go into the city, moving only in the shadows, trying to remain out of their knowledge, out of sight and hopefully, out of danger...


TO BE CONTINUED
(Heheh.. if you're saying WTF up at this point, its just me with pointless rambling but still in the expository of writing something. Dont mind me :p)
Oh yeah, i did promise to update on our lil Left4Dead adventure right? It's coming right up - Wait for it!!!

No comments: