Sunday, February 1, 2009

Living for those who made me alive

Delaqroux Inc Updates!

To be frank about one thing; i'm not much of a pious person (lolz, guess you're hearing this 100 times from me already). When i was small (8 years old, i think) i can still remember this ustaz asking the class this question: what if someone is having your loved ones at gunpoint, ready to pull the trigger and will only pull back the gun if you defect to your own religion? Will you be willing to betray your own religion? Yep, he kept the question rhetorical with no provided answer. Soon, i found out that more than half of the class said that they wont- religion comes first. Unsurprisingly, Darkie was never on the bandwagon; he chose love first, religion second. Word went to the ustaz that young DarkDelaqroux never gave his preferred answer (though it was supposed to be a rhetorical one.. pfft..) so he came and confronted the lil boy. He claimed that if i choose to save my beloved ones from being killed, i only save that single person. I turned my back on my own religion at the same time so i killed a whole lot of other people by doing so. I got his point but i pretended to be blurr. So he gave me this analogy; what if he (the ustaz) is a psychopath and he threatens me to convert to another religion by wanting to kill Amira (my bestfriend back then), what will i do?

Let's put that reminiscense to a hold and go to the present story. Unfortunately, i wont be reluctant to admit that at times, i seem to see that my family is at the verge of breaking apart. Long story, so let's not go into that yet. Eitherways, regardless to what happens, my priority will always be on my mom and my two sisters. My younger sis is barely in the picture, so let's put her out of the case in the meantime. So yeah, me, my mom and my sis was super close to each other since i can remember. As time grows by, this bond between me, my mom and my sis started to tear apart as my sis seemingly joined the counter-culture of today's Malaysia. Mom was very upset with her and i cant help but to feel the same way too. As time goes by, we started having the thought that my sis has turned her back on me and my mom. we believed she lied to us in alot of situations, she seldom come back home and she seems to be too immersed with her life with her friends than being with me and my mom. While dad keep making alot of statements claiming how bad my sister has turned out to be, i told my mom that maybe we've been using the wrong approach on sis. We kept believing that everything she does are all the acts of turning her back on the family. What if those are just the devils whispering to our ears, wishing our family ties to break permanently? We claim that sis counter-culture involvement is against the religion; but why should we let religion tear our family apart? That's the devil's work, not religion's. I propose that instead of being mad at her for everything that she did to us, why not take a pause and went empathetic for a change? Let's show back to sis that we never meant to be mad at her and we only want her back in the family? Maybe that would make a difference.

Even if what she's doing is against the religion? Hell, yeah, even if whatever she is doing is against the religion, she is still my sister, so yeah, i wont let anything to tear our relationship apart. Dont take me wrong, however. I'm not going anything agaisnt my religion. I just think that it's a necessity to trust someone you love first and giving them chances before simply getting the thought of sins cloud your mind.

Sadly, i'm the only one in the family who took such effort. After proposing such suggestions to mom, she seemed to agree. However, she wanted me to execute it first. I agreed. It seems that sis seems to be more open to me than mom knowing that i can learn to accept anything under the sun if it is for a good cause. After what seems to be forever, i finally get a chance to sit with sis and have a long talk. That day couldnt be more happier for me as, finally, i found out that sis never forgotten her family. She mentioned her stand and it is similar to mine; she wont let anything tear our family ties apart. On one side of the coin, it may still be a lie of hers but i know my sister and i seriously have not the slightest hint that she is lying. She's telling the truth and i'm sure of it. At that very moment as well, i figured maybe there is still a chance of fixing my family after all. Yep, i couldnt be more happier throughout last week...

Nevertheless, before i can tell mom about this discovery, dad lead mom to more ridiculous confrontations with sis, pinning her to a point that kept on marking her as being on the evil and against-the-religion side. I know the saying goes that your parents always know what is best for the children but i'd say, at this point, they messed everything up. I was this close to having sis's trust on the rest of the family again and now, my parents are giving all the reason to doubt any necessity of such trust! (If i may add here: @#$%! @#$%! @#$%@#@$@%#$#%!!!!!!!) Dad who never seem to care about my sis's well being but only to claim that she's screwing the family up, made such statement that he is giving a soft warning to my sis this time but she wont get it easy if she dont act up ("Sekarang ni ayah tegur elok-elok. Jangan bagi ayah buat cara kasar"). The hell with that?! Threatening someone isnt in any way gonna lead the person to move towards the good side. That's bullshit and clearly he is doing his i'm-the-main-man-of-the-family again! And check this out; me, overlooking the confrontation at that moment, started realizing that this seems strangely familiar. It was just like the time when some douchebags organized this outnumbering confrontation on me, accusing me converting my religion last time. I was pinned down, whatever i tell them are considered as lies, they threaten to use 'cara kasar' if they see me again and yeah, they tried out everything to have me to finally admit. I dunno bout you guys reading this but i know the feeling of helplessness when you get outnumbered by gunpoints like this. You know you have a right to speak out but whatever you said will be claimed as words straight from the tongue of deceit. Trust me; it sucks and instead of succeeding in making you to be a better person, it instill more hatred than good.

So, by the time my sis left once again, this whole shit made me think. Mom was on my side last time when i was going through this whole me-converting-to-Christianity-accusation stuff. Dad... well... just stood by the sidelines, refusing to get involve in any of this case. So what if (big WHAT IF), back at that point, the people who confronted me got everything right?; let's say i DID convert to Christianity and they caught me back at that time. In this alternate reality, will mom still stand on my side of the case? Will dad, who normally choose not to get involved in my problems, start beating me to a pulp coz i am the 'devil' now? Or better still, i will be outcasted from my own family?

I'm never a religious person so if i'm to say that i live and die in the name of God, i would be lying. Yeah, against me all you want, but my stand is that i live and die in the name of the people who kept me alive up till this very moment; my loved ones, my friends, my teachers and obviously, my family being playing the biggest role out of all. I cant help it but that is the unfortunate fact that i would have to bear with. I swear that everything that i strive for at the moment is for my family. If i am to die protecting something, it will be my family's life. I am a guy blessed with no close relatives and my family is all i have in my life in terms of my own flesh and blood. Thus I swear it once again that i live FOR my family. So, i would love to know, if i am, for say, to be put in a situation of life and death, will my family be the one preferring to die for me, or will be the one standing by the sidelines? Let's say in that very night of confrontation, i did convert to Christianity; if the punishment for converting out of Islam is death, will my family be my executioner or will my family be the ones helping me escape hell, shoving aside the fact that they're going against their own religion? Of course, i am a Muslim, my whole family is Muslim and it will be the death of me if i am to force them to turn defect something that they believe in. I wont let that happen, obviously but somehow, i'm just eager to find out where the extend of love can go.. I dunno...

How i would die to know this truth. I live for my family, so; do they live for me? Interesting isnt it? Maybe i should ask them one day and if they are actually going to turn their back on me in case of such situations, well, i dunno... maybe there is a good reason for me to stop putting my life everything on the ones i love, but instead, putting my life solely on my own selfish pleasure and my own selfish self only? I wish not of such way, but i guess, life can be unfair at times..

17 comments:

anjut said...

aku ni tak der la mother tongue aku inggeris, but to tell you that i got band 5 for MUET at matrice is such an indicator. so, aku paham la jugak apa yang kau tulis nih. aku tak der kenal kau sangat, tapi aku selalu jugak dengar pasal ko. see?means peeps r care bout you!banyakkan istighfar, dan jumpa ustaz yg boleh tunjuk ajar kat ko...semua org kasih dan sayang kat kau.hidayah Allah tu ada pada kita, atas kita utk terima atau tidak. sebelum wafat, nabi banyak menangis mengenangkan kita.."umati...umati...umati..." means "umatku...umatku...umatku..." (did i tell you that i took arab tinggi in SPM?). risaunya baginda dengan kita, sbb baginda tahu, akan ada umatnya yg akan ditimpa nasib seperti kau. syaitan, they come in many forms. try not to hear them. read al-quran and learn the meanings from any ustaz (you can ask me if you want...). and why christian?apa yg agama islam tak der?before i end my 'conseil amical', i just want to tell you 'yes!they will kill you if you turn Christian unless you repent!'...demi Allah yang jiwa kami ditanganNya, kau selamatkan la Adnin..aminnn...

Anonymous said...

Amin...! He is with u, buddy....!

mussita said...

i found this article highly interesting. it's so sweet to see you really love and care for your family. :)

if you seek for the truth, you will find it and it will set you free! :)

Dark A. Delaqroux said...

I'm just using the example of converting to Christianity because that it what i've been accused of converting before. So, within that past case of accusation, i'm putting it in a way IF (big IF) i really DID convert to Christianity, as of what they assumed; what will be the response of those who are really really close to me. I'm not saying in any way that i am converting to Christianity in real life. I am putting this example as a case of religion conversion in general. And everything that i stated here are just thoughts lined up in such way that i would love to make people think and voice out their opinion. I am in no way making such statement that i'm leaving Islam. Believe me; i wont turn my back agaisnt my family and this counts within this aspect as well =) Trust me; i do think before taking such leap.. but in any case thanks for the concern :)

And sorry, if i'm answering your comment in English. Not trying to show off or anything but it seems easier for me to voice out in English as my BM is a bit.. well.. not really that good when it comes to penulisan. And my English isnt all that great as well and i do accept comments in BM. Thanks for your comment in any case..

Dark A. Delaqroux said...

(IMPORTANTE: PLS READ =D)

well, i guess i owe this for readers for this blogpost.

Now that i have gave it another thought, i realize that it might have been offensive to put Christianity as a sample case of religion converting in this blogpost whereby i should have mentioned religion conversion in general. I didnt intend to be in any way offensive by putting the sample case of "converting in Christianity". Believe me, i'm not drawing any lines of religious controversials between Muslims converting into Christianity. I just realized of such foolish mistake i've made. With that being said, for both Muslim and Christian readers, i sincerely apologize to you all.

- Dark Delaqroux

Anonymous said...

hello, aku paham apa problem ko ni. takde pon yang ko cakap ko nak convert ke aper so aku pun nak bagi point aku jer lah (aku rasa anjut dah salah paham apa yg ko cuba nk sampaikan ni). converting religion tu memang ar salah tapi bagi pendapat aku dari post yang ko tulis ni, hubungan family ko sebenarnya rapat. Mungkin kakak ko kena tegor je time tu. Bukannya ada apa-apa negatif pon. Biasa la, parents kena buat apa yang patut.

Tapi balik kat situasi ko ni, aku tak rasa parents ko akan sanggup nak bunuh anak diorang sendiri. Org lain ye, pasal diorang ni cuma tau dan suka point salah orang, bukannya nak selidik punca kesalahan tu dlu. Percayalah cakap aku, sejahat-jahat mana anak tu, asalkan parents ko sygkan ko, diorang takkan bagi sesaper sentuh ko pun (walaupun ko sepatutnyer kena hukum bunuh sekali pon). Cuma sayangilah diorang dan jangan sesekali turn your back on them okie?

have faith in what u belief in.... tu je... :-)

anjut said...

adnin, i'm sorry if i was misunderstood what's written. but the last phrase ["the answer i gave to the ustaz: "saya selamatkan Amira dulu pastu saya bunuh ustaz kot sebab ustaz kan orang gila, lagi pentingkan agama dari nyawa orang lain macam tu"] is tremendously a big NO-NO in islam... u can't say that. cannot and NEVER. call me fanatic or crazy.
i have a brother (he's the only one in my life) who came across the same problem with your sis. and he's even worst!he's a kind of black metal peeps. not the ordinary one, but the big head of gangster in batu pahat (he fought with others gangsta, and he sat his SPM at hospital). i wrote a few bout him in my blog.it's very sad to know that your a-long-time-a-go-cutest-bro-in-the-world turned to an ugly big monster.i was crying day and night as he's the only youngest bro in my life.
hey, human instinct could be much sensible than animal u know (tp ada jer yg buang anak dlm longkang) because we r special.with support and big hugs from his family, my bro now is better than me. your parents, like any other ma and dad in the world, they love you guys. don't blame your religion if something smashes ur life down. remember, apostasy in islam means do,say,or even niat (even if u say if or big IF)to look down your own religion. (say a man who said "owh, God is crazy to take away my sis's life" it's considered as murtad).scary huh?ok..u made an entry to seek an apology from both religions, to be used as example, but remember, to taubat nasuha.i'm not a pious guy like you too, but we should know our limit in everything. Janji Allah itu benar, syurga neraka itu benar.hey a line of prhases to ponder upon "ALLAH tidak membebani seseorang itu melainkan sesuai dengan kesanggupannya. - Surah Al-Baqarah ayat 286. He loves you, so he tests you. full of regards from France yea...peace be upon you and us.love from brother muslim...

anjut said...

p/s: hey, sama2 kita mengingat dan memperingatkan.nobody's perfect but to try to be perfect is not a sin. ok.

anjut said...

again...the word "'ustaz' in the phrase is confusing me. i was attracted to the previous title "what if i turn to Christianity", so i was stick on that idea..owh, ok, now i look silly.ermm...bodoh ler aku.(my english is now poorer than any beggar on earth, i should retake the 1119 paper...)

Dark A. Delaqroux said...

I clearly get your point. My answer for that ustaz was my answer back when i was 10 years old. I couldnt think rationaly and that answer of mine was actually a sarcasm of myself not being able to stick with some logic back then. I'm not saying its okay to kill the ustaz, i'm just telling everyone how small my scope was back then. I realized how the whole thing about that was way too controversial but please, pardon me when i was small.

I guess its true that the post subject before was way too offensive. Kinda realized that the mistake i've made is confusing up my own family problem with religional controversials. My head was all in a mess and i got some friends of mine to make things out clear for me. Glad to have known you. Keep reading my post and do correct me if i ever seem to go overbound again. Thanks..

and your english is fine. You can speak in BM any time. Just that my BM is very poor to be used in writing.. ^^"

Anonymous said...

Well, saya ni budak IPBA juga dan saya terdengar tentang blog kamu. Guess i think kamu ni telah disalah fahamkan oleh semua orang. People, i think what he is trying to say is that he loves his family and everyone ni macam focus on the wrong things in this blog post. People, give the guy a break. i think he is still true to his religion and all of us should just support him instead of talking behind his back. Saya, mewakili smua pihak IPBA, would like to apologize, for all the things we said.

thats all, thanks

anjut said...

adnin, your answer to that particular ustaz was just right!it's me who get the situation wrong.wakakaa!i won't hesitate if u want me to write in french or spanish!hehehe!

do agree with anonymous (kesian la, penat mak ayah bg nama...). give adnin a break. then he will generate something splendid to us..ok adnin?keep writing yer..

Anonymous said...

assalamualaikum. Me baca gak this blog, me baca semua komen2. bagusla semua nampak dah clear. Everybody apoligising to each other. Alhamdulillah.

Opinion me.. the writer was being honest with what he thinks. Nasihat2 dari komen2 tu pun bagus untuk the writer ambik iktibar.

Bagaimana untuk berdakwah? Bgaimana untuk mengajak kawan2 kita ke arah kebaikan? Bg me.. tunjukkan akhlak dan contoh yang baik. Islam penuh dgn kasih sayang. Dekatilah dengan ikhlas, insyaAllah orang jahat pun boleh berubah jadi baik. Inikan pula the writer yang me rasa tak le setara mana. Betul tak?

So.. elakkan controversy, tingkatkan prestasi yep? Kita tak tau last2 nanti saper masuk syurga, sapa masuk neraka. Cool. Jgn tergesa-gesa melabel dan menghukum. Sebaliknya kita tanya diri kita sendiri dulu. Me pun tanya jugak diri me. Sanggupkah me mati kerana Islam? Apakah yang me buat unt tunjukkan cinta me pada Islam? Atau hanya di mulut me jer? Sama2lah kita tingkatkan iman.

Be fair to the writer..dekati bukan memandang serong. Give him a chance. Me rasa dia pun dah sedar salah dia. That's all from me. Me hrp sikit2 nasihat me memberi faedah pada kengkawan and the writer too, InsyaAllah.

Me.. anonymous, but it doesn't matter. the thought that counts. and me care a lot.

Anonymous said...

assalamualaikum. Me baca gak this blog, me baca semua komen2. bagusla semua nampak dah clear. Everybody apoligising to each other. Alhamdulillah.

Opinion me.. the writer was being honest with what he thinks. Nasihat2 dari komen2 tu pun bagus untuk the writer ambik iktibar.

Bagaimana untuk berdakwah? Bgaimana untuk mengajak kawan2 kita ke arah kebaikan? Bg me.. tunjukkan akhlak dan contoh yang baik. Islam penuh dgn kasih sayang. Dekatilah dengan ikhlas, insyaAllah orang jahat pun boleh berubah jadi baik. Inikan pula the writer yang me rasa tak le setara mana. Betul tak?

So.. elakkan controversy, tingkatkan prestasi yep? Kita tak tau last2 nanti saper masuk syurga, sapa masuk neraka. Cool. Jgn tergesa-gesa melabel dan menghukum. Sebaliknya kita tanya diri kita sendiri dulu. Me pun tanya jugak diri me. Sanggupkah me mati kerana Islam? Apakah yang me buat unt tunjukkan cinta me pada Islam? Atau hanya di mulut me jer? Sama2lah kita tingkatkan iman.

Be fair to the writer..dekati bukan memandang serong. Give him a chance. Me rasa dia pun dah sedar salah dia. That's all from me. Me hrp sikit2 nasihat me memberi faedah pada kengkawan and the writer too, InsyaAllah.

Me - anonymous. consider me a very caring anonymous. me wish everybody the best, may Allah bless us always.

Anonymous said...

me - caring anonymous again.
satu lagi nak ingat-mengingatkan sesama sendiri. teguran dari parents for sure unt kebaikan suka atau tak kita dengar. mgkin sekrg kita ingat apa yg parents tegur tak betul, cara tak betul bla bla bla.. but one day kita akan faham gak kenapa parents tegur kita. so appreciate from now. try to understd them too. parents selalu risau ttg anak-anak. they are trying hard to understd their childrn too

Anonymous said...

aku ketinggalan la. baru baca blog ni. ko pernah kena tuduh mxxxxd? sapa tuduh? nauzubillah. aku harap semua tu tak betul sama sekali.

ni aku copy paste satu penerangan pasal isu ni.

PENGGUNAAN ISTILAH MURTAD TERHADAP ORANG LAIN DAN HUKUM MELANGKAHI WEWENANG PEMERINTAH


Oleh
Fadhilatusy Syaikh Shalih bin Fauzan Al-Fauzan




Pertanyaan.
Fadhilatus Syaikh, siapakah yang layak dikatakan murtad ? Kami ingin Anda menguraikannya dengan jelas. Karena beberapa orang telah divonis kafir dengan alasan yang masih samar !

Jawaban.
Menetapkan hukum murtad dan keluar dari agama atas seseorang merupakan kewajiban ahli ilmu yang matang ilmunya. Mereka adalah para qadhi di mahkamah-mahkamah syar'i dan para mufti yang diakui kepiawaiannya. Masalah ini tidak jauh berbeda dengan masalah-masalah agama lainnya. Tidak semua orang berhak berkomentar di dalamnya, termasuk juga para penuntut ilmu yang masih dalam taraf pemula atau orang-orang yang mengaku ulama namun pengetahuan agamanya masih dangkal.

Mereka tidak punya wewenang membicarakan masalah ini. Sebab jika mereka berkomentar juga, maka bisa menimbulkan kerusakan dan akhirnya beberapa kaum muslimin divonis murtad padahal sebenarnya tidak begitu ! Pengkafiran seorang muslim yang tidak melakukan salah satu dari pembatal ke-Islaman merupakan bahaya yang sangat besar.

Barangsiapa mengatakan kepada saudaranya : Yaa kafir, yaa fasik ternyata tidak demikian maka perkataan itu akan kembali kepadanya. Orang yang berhak menjatuhkan vonis murtad adalah para qadhi dan mufti yang diakui kepiawaiannya dan pelaksana hukuman tersebut adalah para penguasa (pemerintah). Selain prosedur di atas, pasti hanya menimbulkan kekacauan belaka.

Anonymous said...

terlupa laks aku. banyakkan membaca buku-buku tentang islam supaya kita tak tersalah cakap,tersalah tindakan dan tahu apa yang disuruh, apa yang ditegah. dan yg penting agar kita YAKIN dgn islam. syukurlah kita dilahirkan sebagai org islam. tak kenal maka tak cinta. kenalilah islam.