Saturday, December 13, 2008

Fly Me to the Moon

Delaqroux Inc Updates on "Fly Me to the Moon"...

*sigh*... Isnt the song just gorgeous? I just watched over a scene of "Down with Love" yesterday and apparently, the song was used for one of the love scene between the couple in love. For the first time for me, the song was carried out in a duet and it simply has that lovely reminiscing feel to it. The tune is just classical, the singers' voice are just angelic and the lyrics are simply breath-taking (it's not normal for me to use the term "breath-taking" but i do use it occasionally for something that is really really undescribable). Anyways, checking on the net, the song was remade by various artistes and the latest seems to be by Utada Hikaru. I love her version the most but Frank Sinatra's remake was just as beautiful as well. Well, maybe when i'm in love again (hopefully any time soon :p), I'll come up with my own version of "Fly Me to the Moon". I mean, there's simply no reason to not fall in love and not to fall in love with that song at the same time...

(Utada Hikaru's Opening Lyrics)
Poets often use many words
To say a simple thing
It takes thought and time and rhyme
To make a poem singing
With music and words I've been flying
For you I have written a song
To be sure that you'll know what I'm saying
I'll translate as i go along...

(Original "Fly Me to the Moon" lyrics)
Fly me to the moon
Let me play among the stars,
and let me see what spring is like
on jupiter and mars,
In other words;
Hold my hand,
In other words;
Baby, kiss me...

Fill my heart with song
and let me sing forever more,
you are all i long for -
all i worship and adore,
In other words;
please be true,
In other words;
i love you...

No comments: