Friday, December 19, 2008

Two Missed Calls... Episode 3

PREVIOUSLY ON TWO MISSED CALLS

So we went back to Digital Mall and found out that the guy who sold her the previous phone was obviously an Ah Long. Whatever he said are just lies and trust me, with a face like that, i'm not buying it. Finally Adelynn settled with another phone deal which requires her to trade in that Nokia 7100 for a Samsung L760 and lucky for us, we got a good deal at this one stall. So all that is well will end well... but what do they say for those that doesnt start that well?

AND NOW ON TWO MISSED CALLS EPISODE 3

We boarded the train, still talking all about phone that we just got for a good deal. But then i realized something. Well, actually two things but both sums up to the same conclusion; today is about to turn from a really adventurous day to a really ironic day (at least for me). Guess what? I lost my cellphone back that place that sells phones! (Get it? :p) Yeah, my phone is missing from my pocket. I seriously went like, "shit! shit! shit!" and start searching my entire body for my phone and no, it was nowhere to be found. I immediately told Adelynn to go back without me while i double back to Digital Mall to find back my phone in case i lost it. I got down at Taman Jaya Station and while waiting for the next train, i got the help of a lady to help me to try calling my phone. If the phone rings and someone picks it up, it must mean that i left it back at the stall in Digital Mall. But alas, there was no call tone. My phone had already been turned off, meaning that someone must have took it for her/himself. I told the lady that i might have dropped it in the LRT station before when i was sitting down. But she doubt that as i would have realized the sound of the phone dropping- it might have been stolen when i didnt realize it. And thus, chances of me being able to find my phone just dropped to total nil.

But then i still ended up boarding the train back to Asia Jaya. I mean, it is still possible that it dropped while i was walking and the phone landed in the grass or a pile of sand to not make any sound right? And it is also possible that the phone dropped and the battery came out as usual so that it seemed like the phone was off, right? Yeah, i know the possibilities for these circumstances are very very low but i can just give it a shot of tracing it back all the way to Digital Mall. So i did aaaaaaand... it took me back to Digital Mall but there was still no trace of my phone. I even asked James (the phone stall guy) if i ever left my phone back at his shop as that was the last time i remember that i took out my phone. He said he didnt and obviously he would call me back immediately when i left the stall while my phone is still there right? So yep, officially, my phone is gone....

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

When things turned out really really sour, even the bravest of all men will turn back to one single individual. yep, i decided to call my mom. That was when i realized the second irony, i'm the only one in the whole friggin place that sells handphones to still be looking for a public phone to make a phone call. And i noticed something... well.. funny as well. I cant find any public phone so i resorted to ask one of the phone selling guys there on where are all the public phones at. Turned out the guy stared at me with really confused eyes and asked me back, "what's a public phone?" DUDE! I DONT MEAN TO BE CULTURALLY LAGGING HERE BUT I LOST MY HANDPHONE!!! I NEED A FRIGGIN OLD PUBLIC PHONE TO MAKE A CALL!! I told him briefly how a public phone looks like and how it can be used (In case, of ppl who are of the same case out there, public phone's are similar to public phone booth, minus the booth and you put in coins inside to make a goddamn phone call). After awhile, the guy was like "Aaaah.. that public phone. lmao. i thot u were asking for a handphone brand. rflao. omgwtfbbq!!!111" Ladies and gentlemen, if i have a chainsaw with me that time, there would have been blood.

ANyways, i found myself sitting down at one of the phone stores, looking at all those display phones gleaming in the mall's lightings. The saleslady approached me and i found myself pouring everything out on her that i lost a phone right after i helped my friend to get a phone for her mom. Funnily, we ended talking for nearly an hour til she finishes her shift. Even funnier, she seemed to forget entirely that she is there to sell phones and i am obviously a potential customer (someone who just lost a phone, remember?). In fact, she never did any promoting to sell phones to me, she just said she's sorry for my lost phone and listened on to all my emo-ness. She even told me that she, too, lost her phone once and she was stranded in a bus stop for 3 hours before her parents arrive to fetch her. lolz. well, that made me feel better.. yep, misery attracts company and yeah, now that i'm feeling myself again, time to be optimistic and face the problem instead of whining bout it!

The case here is that i lost my phone and i'm in a place where people sells phones. What should i actually be doing? Like Timon from Lion King said; "when the whole world turn its back on you, bad things happen and you can do nothing bout it right? WRONG! When the whole world turns its back on you, you turn your back on the world!" So what did i do? I friggin need a phone now and a phone i what i'm gonna get! Yeah, immediately, i purchased a NEW PHONE right out of all my savings! Hell yeah, baby! A new phone right on da dot!! HAH! Take that, world! Nothing can bring me down. Not even me being phoneless coz imma gonna get a new one rightaway baby!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! So i got myself a **CENSORED** phone for RM580 and it was extremely a good deal. I feel even better now, in fact! So i went back to the shop where the saleslady were at, told one of the salesguy to tell the lady tomorrow that i got back my phone and thanks for listening to my problem and i went straight to a prepaid shop. I got a new phone but i still need a simcard. And a simcard is what i'm gonna get! Hello, new number, goodbye 016-6846769.... But wait... i did raked out all my money for the new phone. How much do i have left in my wallet? ...........just..... RM.... 3............ Oh well, at least i gots me a new phone!! LOLOLOLOLOLOLZ!!! (Quotation of the month: My phone is kickass... i just dont have any simcard inside... lolz)

So, yep, maybe all that is well will end well after all (though things may still occasionally be a lil hairy in between). I found out later the following day that Adelynn's mom was happy for the new phone, Adelynn, herself, was very happy for that and i am super happy for her definitely! And yep, i got myself a new phone. It may have taken some equivalent trading for my new phone;s case as well as for Adelynn's phone for her mom but hey, it wasnt all that bad. But most importantly, i helped a friend who really means alot to me for the past few years and i'm really glad for that. Adelynn, if you're reading thsi; i am seriously happy to help you that time regarding your mom's new phone and i'm seriously more than happy that we are friends too =D

Not bad for a closing of 2008 no? =)

P/S: after that failed plan to get a new simcard, i settled to reactivating my old DiGi number. Thus, i'm still contactable by my old DiGi number... only that i may need all your phone numbers once again so post them up to me okay =D

No comments: